Adolescence has never been easy.
These days, youth advocates are identifying a crisis.
If most young people are operating from a foundation that, on some level, is unstable, the first question is why?
The second is how to help?
ALL MANNER OF THINGS launches innovative discourses
that explore paths to living a full and conscious life.
What makes us stumble? Specifically, what part does insecurity play?
Where does it come from, how does it impact us, and what can be done?
Unpacking the stories that shape and inform us, we open them for inquiry,
and determine their place in our lives.
• What ideas are telling us about ourselves and others? What do they say about what makes us valuable and who we should be?
• Where do the ideas come from? Are they helpful? Are they absolute? For instance, if our DNA shows we all come from a spectrum of places, how does that affect ideas that hierarchize skin color and race?
• What roles do we take on, with our friends, family, social media? Are we aware of them? How do they affect us?
• What happens when we stray from our integrity? Are there consequences? Where does it lead?
• What's the importance of understanding who we really are, and what's right for us? For instance, if we say 'yes' when we mean 'no', how does it impact us in the moment and in how we continue?
• What's the value of being true to ourselves and knowing our worth? How do we practice that? Does our worth have to be related other people's behavior or what they think?
• Is it helpful to have an understanding of our physiology? How does our awareness of body inform our experience of self and our interaction with others?
• What part do the Media, the internet, and social media play in our lives?
• What about the changes happening with our bodies? How are we experiencing them? What's their affect?
• What do we know about sexual energy and sex?
• What do we think relationships are?
• What are we told about love?
• What about our thoughts? Are we aware of them? Are how we feel and our thoughts related?
• How important are things like empathy, caring, kindness, presence, purpose, good health, and stillness of mind?
Introducing critical perspectives, ALL MANNER OF THINGS helps
empower young people to be fully tuned into themselves, understanding who they are, and how they interact with life